Our Response to
* Our Food for Families pantry now offers a pre-packaged box of food, and ANYONE can visit us twice each month. NO INCOME RESTRICTIONS during this pandemic, no stigma. Food can be picked up Thursday or Saturday during extended hours: 9:30 am-2:00 pm. Call 434-845-8468, ext. 300. For those who are home-bound, delivery can be arranged.
* The Community Resource Center is open Monday through Friday and assisting as needed, connecting neighbors to resources. Call 434-845-8468 ext. 700 for an appointment or CLICK HERE.
NEED HELP RELATED TO COVID-19 ISSUES? Click below for a helpful link:
* Our Food for Thought backpack program is distributing over 1000 weekend food bags every Friday to students in need. Volunteers (in groups of ten or fewer) have stepped up to help pack bags, but more are needed. If you are willing and able, please CLICK HERE. The biggest need is financial, with food expenses alone exceeding $5000 each week.
* The Life Skills Institute is closed but is making plans to re-open. The Clothing Connection at LSI is also closed and is not accepting clothing donations until an opening date has been determined.
* The Park View Cafe, our Wednesday night community meal, is closed. The conditions under which it will open again are being evaluated.
How you can help
Volunteers are needed now in our Food for Families and Food for Thought programs. Donations of individually wrapped snack items are urgently needed, such as granola bars, peanut butter crackers, cookies, and goldfish. We cannot get these from the Food Bank so we rely on your food donations or cash support!