Our Response to
* Our Food for Families pantry now offers a pre-packaged box of food, and ANYONE can visit us twice each month. NO INCOME RESTRICTIONS during this pandemic, no stigma. Food can be picked up Thursday or Saturday from 9:30 am-2:00 pm. Call 434-845-8468, ext. 300. For those who are home-bound, delivery can be arranged.
* The Community Resource Center is open Monday through Friday and assisting as needed, connecting neighbors to resources. Call 434-845-8468 ext. 700 for an appointment or CLICK HERE.
DO YOU NEED HELP RELATED TO COVID-19 ISSUES? Click below for a helpful link:
* Our Food for Thought backpack program is distributing weekend food bags every Friday to students in need. We are looking for volunteer drivers to help us deliver bags to various sites each week.
* The Life Skills Institute is in session again with a hybrid environment of online and in-person learning. The Clothing Connection is located within LSI and is open every Thursday from 9am-2pm .
* The Park View Cafe, our Wednesday night community meal, is now offering packaged meals for take-out only. The new hours are from 4:30-5:30.
How you can help
Volunteers are needed now in our Food for Families and Food for Thought programs. Donations of individually wrapped snack items are urgently needed, such as granola bars, peanut butter crackers, cookies, and goldfish. We cannot get these from the Food Bank so we rely on your food donations or cash support!