Our Response to
* Our Food for Families pantry now offers a pre-packaged box of food, and ANYONE can visit us twice each month. NO INCOME RESTRICTIONS during this pandemic, no stigma. Food can be picked up Thursday or Saturday during extended hours: 9:30 am-2:00 pm. Call 434-845-8468, ext. 300. For those who are home-bound, delivery can be arranged.
* The Community Resource Center is open Monday through Friday and assisting as needed, connecting neighbors to resources. Call 434-845-8468 ext. 700 for an appointment or CLICK HERE.
DO YOU NEED HELP RELATED TO COVID-19 ISSUES? Click below for a helpful link:
* Our Food for Thought backpack program is distributing weekend food bags every Friday to students in need. The biggest need is financial, with food expenses alone exceeding $5000 each week.
* The Life Skills Institute is closed but is making plans to re-open. The Clothing Connection at LSI will be open Thursday July 16, 9am-2pm . We hope to begin accepting winter clothing donations at the Clothing Connection (located within the Life Skills Institute) by the end of August.
* The Park View Cafe, our Wednesday night community meal, is now offering packaged meals for take-out only. The new hours are from 4:30-5:30.
How you can help
Volunteers are needed now in our Food for Families and Food for Thought programs. Donations of individually wrapped snack items are urgently needed, such as granola bars, peanut butter crackers, cookies, and goldfish. We cannot get these from the Food Bank so we rely on your food donations or cash support!